Thursday 8 November 2012

What a week it's been!

Hello out there,

We have had a week full of interesting things to write about...

We had our exciting weekends, guy fawkes, and then we summarised all that we had learnt so far about China, in the form of a list.  We found that we had learnt a whole lot. We also decided that instead of our regular reading  activities on Wednesday and Thursday, we would write books, using recycled paper. We shared them in assembly.

Here are just a few of our stories:

Things I have learnt about China
  1. I learnt that if you went into the Forbidden City, you could loose your head. That could also cause pain.
  2. I learnt that Shanghai is the largest city in China.
  3. Goldfish make great pets.
  4. The giant black and white panda are the slowest animals in China.
  5. You can see the great wall of China from the moon.
  6. I also learnt that the great wall of China is the longest wall in the whole world.
By Caitlin

Ballet Lessons

Yesterday I went to ballet lessons. My mum is going to the ballet lessons too. It is so much fun. I like the ballet lessons. My mum watched me.

By Sylie

Things I have learnt about China
  1. In the Forbidden City, if you entered and you were not a noble person, you would loose your head, but not now, that was in the olden days.
  2. In Shanghai I learnt that there is a shop called Pearls City.
  3. Goldfish make great pets because there is no room for dogs.
  4. Dragons fly so fast nobody can see them.
  5. Only one child is allowed in each family.
By Molly

Things I have learnt about China
  1. In China they have fireworks.
  2. Kids in China love to fly kites
  3. People eat with chopsticks.
  4. Cats and goldfish make great pets because there is no room for dogs.
  5. Pandas need to eat their own body weight in bamboo every day.
By Charlotte

Thinking about Fireworks

Last night me and my mum were making a cake while waiting for guy faulks to come. Beautiful flashing came out when the fireworks were out. I rushed out the door and my whole family came out. I saw heaps of colourful flashing down the black velvet sky.

By William

Watching fireworks at home when I was four

Two years ago, when I ws four years old, I saw fireworks blooming in the twinkling sky at home. My sister was too young to watch them zoom in the old sky. I saw all the colours of the rainbow. Some fireworks split up into different colours. I enjoyed seeing the fireworks.

By Samantha

That is all for now, we hope you like reading our stories. We have been trying hard to make them really interesting, using describing words, so that they will be enjoyable to read.

Have a great weekend!

From Room 3

No comments:

Post a Comment