Thursday 28 February 2013

Room 3’s confident kids!

Kia Ora everyone,

As part of the Kilbirnie School C.A.R.E. programme (Confidence, Achievement, Respect, Empathy), we wrote about a time that we showed confidence.

Thank you to those who have left comments about our blog. It means so much to the children and makes us feel good to know that people care about what we've been up to.

Room 3’s confident kids!

At the playground I wanted to climb the climbing wall. I was scared, but I did it anyway. I was confident.

Samuel

One time I was scared to go on a slide and a see-saw. I was scared to go on the bouncy bus too, but when I tried it, I liked it. I was confident.

Caitlin

One time I was scared by the escelator, but then I was brave. That showed I had confidence.

Antara

When I went to ballet I did statues on one leg. I showed confidence and that made me feel good.

Philippa

I went to my friends home. I wanted to pat her dog, but I was afraid. But I did it anyway.

Olivia

I first showed confidence when I was scared to go down the monkey bars. That’s when I showed confidence because I went down them.

Paris

Once I was scared to go on the chain-bar jungle gym, but I loved it.

Amelia

One time I showed confidence was when I jumped off the bridge.

Benji

The first time I went to a park I went down a long, long slide and I was scared. Well I went down the slide. That showed confidence.

Riley

My whole family went to the Newtown pool. I was scared to go on the slide, but I went on it anyway. There was water coming out of the slide. Cold water. I had fun.

Isla M

I went to a bull race. I was scared when the bull went too fast, but I rode it anyway.

Theo

When I was in Room 1 I gave a toy to Aston. I showed confidence when I climbed up the bridge wall.

Harvey

I was at the swimming pool. I jumped in the deep end. That showed I had confidence.

Marcel

I was scared to go on the ferry, but I did it anyway.

Hector

I showed confidence when I put my head under water when I went swimming.

Oscar

 









3 comments:

  1. I was a bit scared taking Marcel on the blue bridge ferry too... Marcel thought is was funny to run off and explore the boat by himself, including going outside, it was really windy and became increasingly stormy. I felt a bit sorry for him when he got sea-sick but at least it made him sit in one spot for a while. It got so stormy that when we went to the loo all the water was gurgling out of the toilets and onto the floor.. gross!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed confidence when I went to camp


    Jordan room 10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a brave and confident class you all are in Room 3.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete